Visiting Australia is an exciting experience that many travelers from all over the world look forward to. If you’re a European passport holder and looking to travel to Australia, you’ll need to apply for a tourist visa. Depending on the type of visa you apply for, you may be able to stay in Australia for a certain period of time. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how long you can stay in Australia on a tourist visa with a European passport.
Types of Tourist Visas For Europeans
There are various types of tourist visas available for European passport holders traveling to Australia.
- Electronic Travel Authority (ETA): The ETA is an electronic visa that allows travelers to stay in Australia for up to three months.
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600): The Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is a visa that allows travelers to stay in Australia for up to three, six, or 12 months.
- Working Holiday Maker Visa: The Working Holiday Maker Visa allows travelers to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. This visa also allows travelers to work while they are in Australia.
Requirements For A Tourist Visa
In order to be eligible for a tourist visa, travelers must meet certain requirements. These include:
- Proof of sufficient funds: Applicants must prove that they have enough funds to cover their expenses while in Australia.
- Health insurance: Applicants must have valid health insurance to cover any medical costs while in Australia.
- Valid passport: Applicants must have a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- Good character: Applicants must not have any criminal convictions or have committed any serious offenses.
- Intention to leave Australia: Applicants must prove that they intend to leave Australia at the end of their visa period
How To Apply For A Tourist Visa?
Once you have met the requirements for a tourist visa, you can apply for one online.
The process is fairly straightforward and usually takes about three days. There is a fee associated with the application, and you will need to provide supporting documents such as your passport and proof of sufficient funds.
How Long Can I Stay In Australia On A Tourist Visa With A European Passport?
A European passport holder is eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa for a stay of up to three months in Australia. The ETA visa is electronically linked to a passport and allows for multiple entries into Australia for a period of up to 12 months.
If you are looking to stay longer than three months, you may be eligible to apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). Visitor visas allow visitors to stay in Australia for up to 12 months and can be granted multiple entry privileges. The visa can be granted for up to three, six, or 12 months and is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
You may also be eligible to apply for a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) if you are aged between 18 and 30 and hold a passport from a country that has a reciprocal work and holiday arrangement with Australia. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for a period of up to 12 months and undertake casual work to supplement your holiday funds.
It is important to note that if you are granted any of these visas, you are not allowed to work for more than three months with any one employer. In addition, you are not eligible for any government assistance or benefits during your stay in Australia.
It is advisable to check the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website for the most up-to-date information on visa requirements and conditions before planning your trip to Australia.
Do EU Passports Need Visas For Australia?
Yes, EU citizens need to apply for a visa before traveling to Australia. Depending on their purpose of travel, they can apply for either a Visitor visa (subclass 600) for tourism and business visitor activities or a Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) for up to 12 months of stay in Australia.
They can submit the application online or at an Australian Embassy or Consulate.
Can EU Citizens Live In Australia?
Yes, EU citizens can live in Australia.
- EU citizens can apply for a temporary visa to visit, work, or study in Australia.
- Alternatively, they may be eligible for permanent residency under the Australian Government’s Skilled Migration Program, which assesses applicants based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
Traveling to Australia is an exciting experience and a tourist visa is required for European passport holders. A European passport holder can stay in Australia on a tourist visa for up to 3 months. This visa can be extended for another 3 months if necessary. Depending on the type of visa you apply for, you may be able to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. And obviously, visitors must leave Australia before their visa expires.