If you are a Nigerian living in the United States, you may need to renew your Nigerian passport while in the U.S. Whether you’ve recently relocated to the U.S. or have been living here for some time, the process for renewing your Nigerian passport is relatively straightforward. This blog post will provide you with an overview of the steps you need to take to renew your Nigerian passport in the United States.
How Much Does It Cost To Renew A Nigerian Passport In The USA?
The cost to renew a Nigerian passport in the USA depends on a few factors, including the type of passport being renewed, the processing time chosen, and any additional services requested.
- For a regular Nigerian passport (32 pages) with standard processing (4-6 weeks), the cost is $180 USD for adults (16 years and older) and $90 USD for minors (under 16 years).
- For expedited processing (2-3 weeks), the cost is $250 USD for adults and $125 USD for minors.
- Additional services, such as express mail delivery and third-party authorization, will incur additional fees.
How To Renew My Nigerian Passport In America?
What You Need Before
You Begin Before you start the process of renewing your Nigerian passport, you will need to obtain a few items. These include:
- A valid Nigerian passport, or a valid Nigerian travel document
- Two passport-sized photos taken within the last 6 months
- An original birth certificate
- A valid form of identification • A completed application form
- The applicable fee
Where To Apply
Once you have gathered the necessary documents and supplies, you will need to find a Nigerian embassy or consulate in the United States where you can apply for a passport renewal. You can find a list of Nigerian embassies and consulates in the United States on the website of the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
How To Apply
Once you have located the nearest Nigerian embassy or consulate, you will then need to complete the passport renewal application form. You can find the application form online, or you can pick one up at the embassy or consulate.
Be sure to fill out the form accurately and completely. You will also need to bring the necessary documents and supplies to the Nigerian embassy or consulate. These include the application form, your valid passport or travel document, two passport-sized photos, your original birth certificate, and a valid form of identification.
You will also need to pay the applicable fee. When you arrive at the Nigerian embassy or consulate, you must submit your application packet and wait for your passport to be processed. Depending on the consulate or embassy, the processing time can vary. Generally, it can take up to four weeks for the Nigerian embassy or consulate to process your application.
Receiving Your Passport
Once your application has been processed, you will then receive your new Nigerian passport in the mail. Be sure to keep a copy of your application and the tracking number for your passport in case there is a delay or if the passport is lost in the mail.
How Can I Renew My Nigerian Passport Online In The USA?
Before you begin the process, you should have all of the necessary documents on hand. This includes-
- Your current Nigerian passport, two passport-sized photos, two copies of your Nigerian passport, a completed passport application form, and the necessary fees.
- You will also need to provide proof of your Nigerian citizenship, such as a birth certificate or national identity card.
Once you have all of the necessary documents and fees ready, you can begin the online application process.
- The first step is to visit the official website of the Nigerian Embassy in the United States. You will find a link to the online application process on the homepage. Click on the link to begin.
- On the next page, you will be asked to provide your personal information, including your name, date of birth, and address. You will also be asked to enter your current Nigerian passport number.
- After you have entered all of the required information, you will be asked to upload your passport photos and other documents.
- Once you have completed the online application and uploaded all of the necessary documents, you can submit the application. You will then be asked to pay the applicable fees.
- Once the payment is received and processed, your application will be reviewed and you will be issued a new Nigerian passport.
The entire process should take no more than a few weeks. Once your application is approved, you will receive your new Nigerian passport in the mail. You can then use it to travel abroad or apply for visas.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Nigerian Passport Renewed In The US?
The process of renewing a Nigerian passport in the United States typically takes between 3-6 weeks. The process begins with the applicant submitting an application form along with all required documents to the Nigerian Embassy or Consulate. These documents include a valid Nigerian passport, a passport-sized photograph, a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate, and proof of Nigerian citizenship.
It is important to note that the processing time may vary depending on the embassy or consulate processing the application, as well as the time of year. It is also important to remember that the process may be expedited if the applicant is able to provide proof of an urgent travel need.
You May Like: How To Renew An Australian Passport From America?
Renewing your Nigerian passport in the United States is a relatively straightforward process. Be sure to gather the necessary documents and supplies before you start the application process. Once you have submitted your application, you can expect to receive your new passport in the mail within four weeks.